Through our experience of working as consultants in the NHS we identified a need to support local engagement and to explore the link between staff engagement and the quality of care delivered to our patients. We also wanted to provide a platform for reporting of positive staff experiences to share and learn from.
We found that encouraging and supporting distributed decision making was key to improving staff engagement. Our real-time staff feedback system and training has been designed to support this aim.
SPEaC allows staff to voice both their positive experiences, or concerns and frustrations anonymously and in real time creating a heat map of an organisation and gives a voice to all staff regardless of role or seniority.
Fully functional real-time reporting designed to support any organisational structure means that feedback from staff can be used to provide real intelligence and insight and promote the responsiveness of your organisation.
Through our software application and bespoke teaching and training package we help your organisation improve staff wellbeing by:
- Improving Engagement
- SPEaC has been designed to encourage staff to actively engage with managers in improving their working environment and standards of patient care.
- Driving Organisational culture
- SPEaC provides a platform for organisations to define teams and leadership, it provides a method for effective communication and encourages distributed decision making
- It provides a heat map of your organisation, measuring the temperature continuously across areas
- Delivering Success
- SPEaC supports the delivery of continuous improvements and provides a method for understanding change management
- Through KPIs we can demonstrate improved retention, decreased turnover and improved moral
"The Judges were bowled over by this simple approach which demonstrably shifted behaviour and culture in clinical teams. The immediacy of feedback and action, coupled with clinical ownership, is very powerful."
University Hospitals Bristol Foundation Trust has won the Staff Engagement Award sponsored by Managers in partnership and Unison at the 2016 HSJ Awards.
- Judges from the 2016 HSJ For Healthcare Leaders.
"We saw an innovate method of engaging through the use of the 'Happy App' and proactive engagement with staff. We found because of this the culture of engagement had developed to be positive. Staff were proud to work at the hospital."
- QCareQuality Commission
"Clearly demonstrates an innovation designed to improve real time feedback from staff members and to allow managers to respond to this feedback."
"Our evaluation work has shown that there have been real improvements in local engagements between managers and their teams. It has inspired improvements in service delivery."
- BMJ Quality Improvement Reports
- NHS National Institute for Health Research
"Happy APP is also a fantastic real time way of capturing and responding to staff comments and support staff experience"
- Visit to the Bristol Children's Hospital 2016 NHS Improvement.